Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

BUDGET BEAUTY SERIES: FOUNDATION


As much as I love my higher end foundations, I love buying cheaper foundations and giving them a go, many of them these days are really quite comparable to more expensive ones. I have tried so many over the years and these are just some of my favourite's...





L'Oreal True Match £9.99

This is a perfect medium coverage, everyday foundation that I feel would work on anyone. It has a pretty good shade range, it gives a really nice natural finish to the skin and it compares to the formula of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. It maybe doesn't quite have the staying power as the Giorgio Armani foundation, but paired with a good primer and a light dusting of powder, this foundation is brilliant. Despite the fact that this is a medium coverage foundation, it isn't obvious and really does blend well into your skin, like I said before, perfect everyday foundation.


Bourjous Healthy Mix £9.99

This foundation is well loved in the world of beauty. It is an amazing medium - full coverage "cheaper" foundation available in Boots and Superdrug and the formula has been compared to a lot of higher end foundations. It gives a beautiful finish to the skin and gives a nice natural glow without looking too oily/greasy. Bourjous also do a really good shade selection and do have great colour's for anyone with really pale skin. The only thing I would be cautious with is that this foundation does have a slight fruity fragrance which may aggravate really sensitive skin, so do be aware of that, otherwise, I would recommend this foundation to everyone.


Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation £9.99

I never thought I would see the day where I would go back to a "mousse" foundation after years of wearing the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (who remembers wearing that back in the day?). But after seeing this Max Factor foundation featured on Amelia Lianna's blog, I had to give it a try. Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of matte foundations, I love this, it is really light and gives a velvety finish to the skin. It does have a matte finish but doesn't leave the skin looking flat and dull, there's no real need for powder with this foundation either. 


What is your favourite "cheaper" foundation? Have you tried any of these? 



My blog will be updated soon with complete looks featuring these foundation's so you can see how each one photographs.

1 comment:

  1. I would really love to know where you get your Armarni foundation and what colour you might recommend, everyone i've seen it on looks amazing. Thanks

    ReplyDelete